Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dress Shops

Dress Shops Definition

Source(Google.com.pk)
It is not certain when people first started wearing clothes however, anthropologists give estimates that range between 100,000 to 500,000 years ago. The first clothes were made from natural elements: animal skin and furs, grasses and leaves, and bones and shells. Clothing was often draped or tied however, simple needles made out of animal bone provide evidence of sewn leather and fur garments from at least 30,000 years ago.
When settled neolithic cultures discovered the advantages of woven fibers over animal hides, the making of cloth, drawing on basketry techniques, emerged as one of humankind's fundamental technologies. Hand and hand with the history of clothing goes the history of textiles. Humans had to invent weaving, spinning and other techniques and the machines needed in order to make the fabrics used for clothing.
Before sewing machines, nearly all clothing was local and hand-sewn, there were tailors and seamstresses in most towns that could make individual items of clothing for customers. After the sewing machine was invented, the ready-made clothing industry took off.
I'm a total morning person. It's a trait I get from my mom, who wakes up naturally at 3:30 AM -- that's how excited is she to get the morning party started. I love my coffee, I love "Morning Edition" on NPR and I love the renewed possibility of each new day.
But lately I absolutely hate getting dressed. It's a complicated process, made more difficult by the cooler weather. Like most people, I need something that feels appropriate for morning and night because I usually don't have time to go home in between work and dinner out with friends. I need something suitable for different temperatures -- sometimes it's hot outside and freezing in my office; sometimes exactly the opposite. I need an outfit that feels equally appropriate in Brooklyn (where I live) and Manhattan (where I work). And because any sort of unnecessary pain and suffering just makes me cranky, I need something comfortable.
The other problem is that I am incredibly bored with my clothes. And I know I'm not alone. I'm sure you've heard the statistic that we wear 20 percent of our wardrobe 80 percent of the time. Which means that most of us conveniently repress what's in our closet, and fool ourselves into thinking we have to buy something new when a special occasion presents itself, thus creating undue pressure (most of us are good at that, right?). Meanwhile, the perfect outfit is probably already in our closets. It's kind of like a romantic comedy where the perfect man has been waiting in the wings all along.
So I invited Tara Muscarella, former star of the Bravo show "Fashion Hunters" (R.I.P.) and manager of the consignment store Second Time Around in SoHo, where I met her when I recently tried to consign my first designer purchase ever, a Betsey Johnson peplum blazer from the '90s (it didn't sell). I needed outside help to put the spark back in my relationship with my clothes.
First, she gave me a little pep talk about getting dressed in the morning. We talked about the tyranny of choice, and how there is freedom to be found in uniforms (something our senior beauty editor Simone Kitchens just discussed in a poignant essay).
Tara agreed that "less is more when it comes to what's in one's closet, but many of us hold on to sentimental pieces, items we think 'we'll get back into again one day,' or maybe we think something will be good for a Halloween costume. Whatever it is, always remember the necessary process of weeding out your closet."
"A good rule of thumb is, if you haven't worn the item in over a year, recycle it. That could mean donating it, consigning it [a good time to go, according to Tara, is early in the week and during the day, when the staff is fresh and not burnt-out] or repurposing it with a few tailored tucks. Or in some cases you just need a fresh set of eyes to help 'cleanse your closet' to help find new ways to style items you've never worn. We tend to think we need to shop more, when quite frankly we have more options than we think we do within what we already own."
I had recently weeded out my closet (on a particularly energetic Saturday morning, of course), and there were still some sentimental pieces sitting in my closet, which I nevertheless called "problem pieces" because I didn't know how to wear them. Tara to the rescue. Below, meet the pieces of my wardrobe that will no longer be trapped in the closet (and hopefully you'll pick up some tips for your own under-loved clothes).
Shirts have become a necessity in the Modern world it is part of our daily life such as eating and drinking. Whatever walk of life you’re in shirt needs to be worn to go to work or just hanging out at home whether it is casual or dress. The article of clothing often symbolizing elegance and refinement the shirt for centuries has accompanied and characterized the life of men. Whether it is generals or emperors or a common person. With the passage of time shirts have evolved as well.
Early 14th century literature there is prominence to the top garment and it was seen in the painting of the well renowned painters such as Caravaggio, but its popularity rose due to its hygienic nature.

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

Dress Shops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...